FS Vector is a strategic consulting firm that works with financial services clients in a rapidly evolving industry and regulatory environment. We provide expertise at the intersection of technology, government, and traditional finance in order to serve clients as a trusted partner at each stage of growth—from early-stage ventures to global organizations. Our team delivers a variety of resources our clients need in one firm, including advisory, advocacy, and training services.
The Advisory Team
We partner collaboratively with clients to build, expand, and secure their companies, products, and capabilities. We assess market opportunities to develop offerings at the outset, facilitate partnerships, and assess risks as things scale—all while providing ongoing confidence that everything will be compliant from beginning to end. Our team understands intimately how to effectively develop, scale, and comply because we have helped clients do so time and again.
- Work with our licensing clients, covering one or several areas of fiat and virtual currency money transmission, lending, loan brokering, collections, and registered investment advisor registration.
- Advise clients to define their licensing strategies and work closely with them to acquire and/or maintain their licenses on their behalf.
- Review/research applicable federal and state laws, regulations and apply to clients’ products and services.
- Help clients with third party relationships and external stakeholders (regulators, auditors, law firms, surety bond providers, etc.).
- Help develop products through merging client ideas with the banking and regulatory system.
- Help develop compliance and risk management programs, such as drafting compliance related policies and procedures, as well as the implementation of new compliance related processes.
- Participate in new product development, system initiatives, and other projects.
- Assist with firm development and other strategic initiatives.
What we are looking for in a colleague
- Experience with the acquisition and/or maintenance of one or more of MTLs, lending, loan brokering, collections, and RIA registration.
- Experience or a focused interest in acting as an advisor to innovative financial services companies.
- Knowledge of the banking system, including a variety of lending, deposit, payments, and or blockchain products and services.
- Knowledge of financial services laws and regulations, such as those related to money transmitters, lenders, and/or de novo bank charters.
- Knowledge of regulatory compliance, including financial crimes compliance (AML and sanctions), consumer protection, and fair lending.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to travel occasionally (~10%), primarily to our headquarters in Washington, DC, or to clients (primarily San Francisco Bay Area or New York City).
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience at a consulting firm or financial services company.
- Ability to manage and execute a variety of client deliverables related to license acquisition and/or maintenance.
- Demonstrated familiarity with licensing tasks, including regulatory requirements, navigating the NMLS system, licensing project management and organization.
- Strong desire to build subject matter expertise in the Fintech space.
FS Vector provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, age, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
For more information, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.