FS Vector is a DC-based regulatory compliance, public policy, and strategic advisory firm helping innovative financial services companies overcome challenges and better serve their customers.
Our team works to develop government engagement strategies for leading innovative financial services companies and institutions. We help our clients develop the proper strategies and tools needed to inform and advance forward-thinking public policy.
Summary of Position
This team member will have the opportunity to dive deep into the financial services industry, public affairs, and the public policy making process. We are looking for candidates who are strong communicators, both written and oral, with a particular focus on research and analysis.
You will be expected to help support the FS Vector team across ongoing client work, policy and political developments, and help organize various tasks and workstreams.
Ideally, the candidate should be based in the DC, Denver or San Francisco areas and be able to be in office at least 1-2 times per week. However, remote work is also available.
What are we looking for?
Candidates should display an interest in financial services and fintech, politics, and regulation, as well as an interest in working with emerging technology companies (e.g., blockchain/crypto, AI, payments, etc.).
- Experience in Financial Services Public Policy, with a background in Political Science/Government, Public Policy, Economics, Business, or a related field
- Graduate or law student preferred but not required
- Experience conducting research and performing analyses, writing and distilling complex ideas and concepts into thoughtful writing pieces
- Familiarity with business, compliance, politics, and the legislative process, expertise, and interest in a relevant policy field (e.g. financial services) is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to take initiative both independently and as a member of a team
- Problem-solving skills and demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple, competing priorities
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work a minimum of 20 hours per week.
- Competitive compensation.
- Excellent and fun environment for learning and growth
- Networking opportunities and access to industry-leading experts
- Opportunity for hands-on, substantive project work
If interested, please email a resume, writing sample (less than 7 pages), and anticipated weekly availability (available days and times) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A cover letter is encouraged, but not required. This is a paid internship. Please indicate within your cover letter if the internship will be for college/graduate school credits or paid. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.