FS Vector is a strategic consulting firm that works with financial services clients in a rapidly evolving industry and regulatory environment. We provide expertise at the intersection of technology, government, and traditional finance in order to serve clients as a trusted partner at each stage of growth—from early-stage ventures to global organizations. Our team delivers a variety of resources our clients need in one firm, including advisory, advocacy, and training services.
The Advisory Team
- Work with a variety of clients within the financial services ecosystem (fintechs, banks, investors) to address their most urgent needs.
- Review/research applicable federal and state laws, regulations and apply to clients’ products and services.
- Help develop products through merging client ideas with the banking and regulatory system.
- Help develop compliance and risk management programs, such as drafting compliance related policies and procedures, as well as the implementation of new compliance related processes.
- Participate in new product development, system initiatives, and other projects.
- Help clients with third party relationships and external stakeholders (regulators, auditors, law firms, etc.).
- Assist with firm development and other strategic initiatives.
What we are looking for in a colleague
- Experience or a focused interest in acting as an advisor to innovative financial services companies.
- Knowledge of the banking system, including a variety of lending, deposit, payments, and or blockchain products and services.
- Knowledge of financial services laws and regulations, such as those related to money transmitters, lenders, and/or de novo bank charters.
- Knowledge of regulatory compliance, including financial crimes compliance (AML and sanctions), consumer protection, and fair lending.
- Ability to work both independently and in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to travel occasionally (~10%), primarily to our headquarters in Washington, DC or to clients (primarily San Francisco Bay Area or New York City).
- Substantial relevant experience at a law firm, consulting firm, regulatory agency, or financial services company.
- JD or MBA.
- Ability to solve complex or novel problems and develop strong value propositions.
- Ability to manage client relationships by delivering advice through clear oral and written communication.
- Strong desire to develop a professional brand, including a network of clients and partnerships.