FS Vector is a strategic consulting firm that works with financial services clients in a rapidly evolving industry and regulatory environment. We provide expertise at the intersection of technology, government, and traditional finance in order to serve clients as a trusted partner at each stage of growth—from early-stage ventures to global organizations. Our team delivers a variety of resources our clients need in one firm, including advisory, advocacy, and training services.
The Advisory Team
- Work with a variety of clients within the financial services ecosystem (fintechs, banks, investors) to address their most urgent needs.
- Review/research applicable federal and state laws, regulations and apply to clients’ products and services.
- Help develop products through merging client ideas with the banking and regulatory system.
- Help develop compliance and risk management programs, such as drafting compliance related policies and procedures, as well as the implementation of new compliance related processes.
- Participate in new product development, system initiatives, and other projects.
- Help clients with third party relationships and external stakeholders (regulators, auditors, law firms, etc.).
- Assist with firm development and other strategic initiatives.
What we are looking for in a colleague
- Experience or a focused interest in acting as an advisor to innovative financial services companies.
- Knowledge of the banking system, including a variety of lending, deposit, payments, and or blockchain products and services.
- Knowledge of financial services laws and regulations, such as those related to money transmitters, lenders, and/or de novo bank charters.
- Knowledge of regulatory compliance, including financial crimes compliance (AML and sanctions), consumer protection, and fair lending.
- Ability to work both independently and in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to travel occasionally (~10%), primarily to our headquarters in Washington, DC or to clients (primarily San Francisco Bay Area or New York City).
- Substantial relevant experience at a law firm, consulting firm, regulatory agency, or financial services company.
- JD or MBA.
- Ability to solve complex or novel problems and develop strong value propositions.
- Ability to manage client relationships by delivering advice through clear oral and written communication.
- Strong desire to develop a professional brand, including a network of clients and partnerships.
FS Vector provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, age, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
For more information, please reach out to email@example.com.